Better sit down for this:
Sarah Palin ate at an upscale restaurant in NYC two days before testing positive for COVID.
I’ll wait while you blow into a paper bag and stop hyperventilating.
Elio’s, an Italian restaurant popular with celebrities and politicians, confirmed with great sorrow and regret that they neglected to check Palin’s proof of vaccination.
This is an egregious oversight, given that they religiously check for all their other patrons’ proof of vaccination!
What? How do I know that? Well, the media wouldn’t be outraged, and the restaurant manager, Luca Guaitolini, wouldn’t be apologizing as if he’d grilled a teenager for Jeffrey Dahmer. I’m sure the article’s authors checked on that.
Okay, I’m not seeing it. Hang on:
Huh. I’ve read the article three times now; guess I’m just missing it.
Anyway, I found this statement from the manager amusing and telling:
“We are taking this isolated incident — and unfortunate oversight —very seriously.”
A sentence or two later they add that Palin was there with a regular patron of the restaurant, who they refused to identify.
Isolated incident, eh? I’m gonna guess the isolated part is that this is the first time anyone cared. Otherwise we’d be hearing more about these other isolated and extremely rare incidents (and notice that counting Palin, there are four Republicans on this list, lest you suspect I’m playing favorites):
- Let’s start with a quick sampling of Nancy Pelosi-related isolated incidents:
- Next up: Andrew Cuomo!
- And a warm welcome for DC Mayor Muriel Bowser!
- Honorable mention for CIA Director Mike Pompeo, who hosted 20 State Department parties with 900 attendees!
- Amy Coney Barrett’s nomination ceremony, which turned into a superspreader event
- Gavin’s Newsom’s lobbyist’s $450 a plate birthday party
- San Francisco Mayor London Breed clubbing with also-unmasked friends
- Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney, who enjoyed a weekend in Chesapeake, eating indoors and unmasked
- Austin Mayor Steve Adler, who attended a large, unmasked wedding before jetting off to Cabo, also unmasked
- Denver mayor Michael Hancock, who flew to Mississippi to visit family for Thanksgiving 20 minutes after a Tweet urging people to stay home
- 50 California state politicos’ trip to Maui
- Dianne Feinstein, caught on camera walking through Dulles airport unmasked after calling for a mask mandate for all airports
- Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, who visited a salon after shutting down all other salons
- Chuck Schumer pressing the flesh unmasked in a crowd of masked people
- Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, spotted unmasked in a bar with unmasked friends
- Ted Cruz and his family’s vacation in Mexico
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl, caught eating outdoors just after voting to ban outdoor dining
Yeah; except for these very rare exceptions, Palin’s a heartless monster who could have killed us all.